Thursday, August 13, 2009

Modern day Paul II

The other day I had written about how I had compared a friend to a Modern day Paul . How can you know if you are deal with someone like Paul? What set him apart from the other apostles?

Saul was righteous and indignant. Paul was humble and gracious.
Ephesians 3:8-9 (New International Version)
8Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

Paul was obedient to God and sought His will in all that he did. He understood the power of prayer. He prayed for others, instructed them to pray and equally important, he asked them to pray for him.
Ephesians 6:19-20 (New International Version)
19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Do you know anyone like that? Someone, who despite their obvious power and authority (given by God) remains humble and gracious? Is that person frequently in prayer? Do they engage others in prayer and ask them to engage with him as well?

I do believe that there are people out there, just like that. I also believe that they are blessed to be just the way that they are. Finally, I believe if you are wise, you will come along side those folks every opportunity that you can. Support them. Encourage them. Pray for them.

No comments: