Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Beautiful Sunday in Chicago

Today is a beautiful day indeed. For the past week we have been suffering from oppressive heat and humidity. Today we had a bit of a reprieve with a temp of only 81 deg and humidity of 35%. Factor in a strong breeze, OK, a wind, and it was an exceptional day.

Today is the day that Willow Creek Community Church Celebrates 28 Years of Lakeside Baptisms. God couldn't have provided a better day for it, even if His people had asked Him to. I was baptized at the same service back in 2005. It was Blistering Hot and nary a breeze. The poor folks who weren't dunked, simply melted.

Just before I began typing this, I checked the North-Mar Church website to see if I could link back to the Father's Day service that I posted on last Monday. Turns out that for some reason, that service is not available for download. Just seconds later I get a message from my mother saying that she picked me up a CD. How is that for God's provision? Since they didn't post it publicly, I probably won't be able to post it here. I'll check the copyright when I get it.

Speaking of messages, today Bill Hybels taught on the passage 2 Kings 5:1-19 . I'll let you read the passage yourself, then contemplate this... I didn't take notes, so let me see if I can get it right.

#1. No matter what you do, do your best. Do it for the glory of God.
#2. Choose to Love. No matter how horrible things are for you, do good for others.
#3. Ask for and Accept help from others.
#4. Be willing to do the "simple" things.

I'm not sure that I have that exactly right, but can you see where those would fit in with that passage? I KNOW that this sermon will be posted. It may be a couple of day, but you will be able to find it here. I probably won't get back to it, so if I am way off the mark, leave a comment and let me know.

No comments: