Friday, August 29, 2008

Introducing... Me!

Greetings,

My name is Rick Bahl. I am a 40 something business owner who is beginning to embrace Web 2.0. You will soon learn that there is some small amount of irony in that. My company, Quality Systems Solutions, Inc. is a technology company. We help small businesses realize the full potential of their investments in IT. You would think I would have done this a long time ago.

The reality is, I am doing this because of my interest in people, rather than technology. Years ago I used to live on the "bleeding edge" of tech and had to be riding the wave of whatever was new and exciting. Today, I am more interested in things that "work!" That leaves me time to focus on relationships.

I wasn't always a "people person." In fact there was a time, most of my life, to be precise, that I really didn't care for most people, most of the time. Let's just say, I had a change of heart. I'm sure we'll explore that in much more detail in the future.

I don't want to "unload" on everyone with my first post but I would like to start a dialog. Let's try this as an icebreaker. Do you donate blood? I did today. I do regularly and there is a better than 50% chance that each time I do, I will get "light-headed" and they will have to attend to me. Why do I do it? Because I can... It is a simple act that has such great potential. I like that.

No comments: